Click here to listen to this post about Chicken Bundles on Candidly Kendra Eats:
When Steve and I got married 22 years ago (this weekend!) one of my very favorite wedding gifts was a recipe card box from my sister-in-law, Kerry.
Kerry gave me a card box that she painted herself and filled it with all of her own favorite recipes. I still use that box! Now I add my own favorite recipes to it, and when it gets full I turn that into a collection of recipes for other young friends’ weddings.
Like chain mail, but better!
One of my favorite recipes from Kerry’s box was her Chicken Bundles. Chicken Bundles are cute little pockets of creamy chicken filling wrapped inside crescent roll dough, and baked until golden.
They are a hit with my family. I have to count on two bundles for almost everyone because they like them so much.
Here’s the rundown:
Chicken Bundles Digest
- Cook up 4 cups of chopped chicken in your favorite way. These days I always use my instant pot. But a skillet with a little oil works great; or you can simmer whole chicken breasts in salted water, and then chop them. Check out this post for a quick rundown on the different ways you can cook chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine 6 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tbsp. milk, 2 tbsp. melted butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and chicken.
- Open two cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Unroll the dough and tear into four rectangles along the perforations. Seal the perforations through the center of each rectangle. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on each rectangle of dough. Bring the corners up and twist them to seal. The chicken won’t be completely covered, and that’s okay.
- Bake the bundles on baking sheets at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Enjoy these Chicken Bundles with fruit salad or your favorite vegetable.
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the cream cheese, milk, butter, onion powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken and mix well.
- Open the cans of crescent roll dough. Unroll the dough and separate along the perforations into 8 total rectangles (4 for each can of dough). Seal the perforations across the middle of each rectangle. Place ½ cup of the chicken mixture on each rectangle of dough. Then pull up the opposite corners of the dough and twist to seal. (The chicken won't be completely covered.)
- Place the bundles on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Other Great Recipes That Everyone Will Love
Chocolate Chip Streusel Banana Bread
Chocolate Peanut Supreme
Poppy Seed Chicken – Kids LOVE This One