Click below to listen to this post about this chocolate pudding dessert on the Candidly Kendra Eats podcast:
Not very tempting!
But with the recipe in hand for Chocolate Peanut Supreme, I knew that despite the name, this one had a good chance of being a new favorite.
I was right!
This cool dessert has a peanut buttery graham cracker crust topped with creamy chocolate pudding and cool whip. It comes together in a quick ten minutes, plus a little extra time for chilling. It’s great for serving a crowd!
Chocolate Peanut Supreme Digest:
- Melt together butter and peanut butter. Add graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Press this mixture into a greased 9×13 inch pan. (This is literally the most difficult part.) Put this into the freezer while you complete the next step.
- In a medium bowl, combine instant chocolate pudding mix and cold milk and whisk (or beat with a mixer) for two minutes. (If you whisk it, that is your workout for the day and you can cancel your trip to the gym and watch Netflix instead.)
- Pour that chocolate pudding mixture over the crust. Then cover it with plastic wrap and chill it until you’re ready to eat.
- Just before eating, spread cool whip over the top of the chocolate.
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can grate some milk chocolate curls over the cool whip as an extra flourish. (I absolutely never do that. I’m not that fancy.)
Chocolate Peanut Supreme
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pkg (5.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 12 oz whipped topping, thawed
- grated chocolate, optional
- Stir together the melted butter and peanut butter. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix well. Press this into the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. Place it in the freezer while you do the next step.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk. Whisk or beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour this over the crust. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until you're ready to serve it.
- Before serving, spread the cool whip over the top, and sprinkle with grated chocolate, if desired. Keep chilled until serving.