Click below to listen to this post about Telluride Soup on Candidly Kendra Eats:
I grew up liking to eat vegetables. I mean, not lima beans, but seriously, who likes lima beans?
Also, all the veggies I ate were drowned in cheese. But that counts, right?
Nowadays I can go days without eating a vegetable and not even notice. Oops! For me, eating vegetables is a discipline. Like brushing my teeth…and vacuuming.
But with this amazing recipe eating my vegetables isn’t a chore! Telluride Soup is a creamy, comforting soup made from onions, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots steamed together with dill and pureed. Pro-tip: serve it as a dip for your kids’ chicken nuggets and call it Hulk dip. Or something.
If you’re a grown-up without kids and don’t feel like eating something called Hulk dip, call it Telluride Soup and eat it with grilled cheese or grilled ham-and-cheese sandwiches.
Telluride Soup Digest
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions. Cook and stir until the onions are tender.
- Next, add one large head of cauliflower, chopped, 1 cup of chopped broccoli, and 3 carrots, chopped.
- Stir in 6 cups chicken broth, 2 tbsp. dried parsley, 3/4 tsp. dill seed, 2 tsp. dried dill weed, and 1/2 tsp. each black pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, until very tender.
- Puree in a blender or by using a stick blender.
Telluride Soup in An Instant Pot
- Using the saute function, cook onions in butter until softened.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, chicken broth, spices, and seasonings.
- Cook on Manual for 5 minutes. Let the steam release with natural pressure release for 15 minutes, then release the pressure completely.
- Carefully puree the soup with a blender or stick blender.
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- ¾ tsp dill seed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium-high heat until onion is soft.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, broth, parsley, dill weed, dill seed, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes until tender.
- Puree the soup using a stick blender until creamy.
Instant Pot Instructions
- In your instant pot, saute onion in butter over high heat until onion is soft.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, broth, parsley, dill weed, dill seed, pepper, and salt. Pressure Cook on Manual for 5 minutes. Let it rest for 15 minutes for natural pressure release. Then release the pressure manually.
- Use a stick blender or regular blender to puree.
Make It A Meal!
Serve Telluride Soup With Patty Melts…
…And some of my Mom’s Easy Oatmeal Fudge Bars!