Oh my gosh, you guys! I need you to drop everything and make this recipe! It is blowing my mind!
I know, some of you who do not have enough appreciation for carbs and sugar think I’m being dramatic. You may return to chewing on your kale chips.
But to the rest of you, get ready for a recipe that will become a new family favorite. It’s my new favorite treat to eat during my Dalgona Coffee Break, which will henceforth be called a “Dalgona Coffee and Chocolate Chip Streusel Banana Bread Break.”
And don’t worry, it has bananas in it, so it’s healthy.
Also, consider Intermittent Fasting if you want to eat things like this Chocolate Chip Streusel Banana Bread and not have to be forklifted out of your house when they let us out of quarantine.
Here’s the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Streusel Banana Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- pinch salt
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cream together the butter and the sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, bananas, and salt, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- For streusel topping: Combine topping ingredients. (I grate the butter on a cheese grater, straight from the stick.) Sprinkle the topping over the bread batter.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a knife inserted into the bread from the top comes out clean. Cool completely and wrap in plastic wrap for storage.