Listen, you guys, you think I’m crazy right now, I know. But you gotta trust me on this!
Here’s how Sour Patch Kid cookies happened: We bought a giant bag of Sour Patch Kids for a trip to our family cabin in the mountains. (The rule at the cabin is no electronics and ALL the junk food.) On the back of the bag there was a recipe for Sour Patch Kid Cookies. Owen said I should make them. I thought he was crazy, but he was persistent, so I gave in.
By then time I made them the recipe had been thrown away so I went online to find a recipe. This one comes from Inspired By Charm, and it is perfect! The cookies are light and soft and believe it or not, the Sour Patch Kids give them the perfect twist!
Trust me on this one!
Sour Patch Kid Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 boxes sour patch kids (1 cup total)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine butter, oil, and 1/2 cup sugar and powdered sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Stir to combine. Add sour patch kids.
- Roll dough into balls. Roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Place on cookie sheet, pressing down to flatten.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Don't overbake.