Click here to listen to this episode of the Candidly Kendra Eats podcast!
This dinner is going to blow your mind! You’ll love how simple and fast it is, and your family will call this one of their new favorites!
Whether you serve this to your family for a quick and easy dinner, or multiply it by five for the football team, they will be a hit!
The basic recipe is very simple. Ground beef, onion and American cheese.
Then you get creative with the sir-ins – make it pickles, mushrooms, bacon, or even bleu cheese!
Finally, step it up with sauces to take them to another level. Stir in some barbecue sauce for a little Kansas City flair, or add Thousand Island to the a taste of Cali.
Make them your way!
Our family prefers simple burgers with a little pool of ketchup for dipping. Just as easy as that! But trust me, if I could get them to try the bleu cheese bacon variety, I’d be all over that!
Pull-Apart Chopped Cheeseburgers
- 12 pull-apart dinner rolls, such as Kings Hawaiian Savory Rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices American cheese
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles or dill pickle relish
- ¼ cup chopped sauteed mushrooms
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- 2 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
Optional Sauces (pick one)
- barbecue sauce
- thousand island dressing
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally, leaving the 12 rolls attached.
- Place both halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes, until golden. Be careful not to burn!
- Remove the rolls from the oven and reduce heat to 400°
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef along with onion until no pink remains and the onion is tender. Drain. If desired, add your preferred stir ins along with ⅓ cup of your preferred sauce. (But they taste great without stir ins and sauces, if that's your preference.)
- Spread meat as evenly as possibly over the bottom half of the rolls. Top with slices of American cheese. Replace the top half of the rolls.
- Bake for 10 minutes to warm through and melt the cheese. (If you prefer softer sliders, cover the rolls with foil and bake for 15 minutes instead.)