Click below to listen to my Candidly Kendra Eats Podcast about this recipe!
Cheesecake, more than any other food, was made to be made in the instant pot. It comes out creamy, smooth, and basically perfect!
This recipe takes a basic (very good!) instant pot cheesecake recipe and amps it up with a strawberry swirl very simply made by heating up strawberry preserves.
Another benefit of using your instant pot is that it doesn’t heat up the kitchen during the hot summer months!
Be aware, though, that your instant pot cheesecake will be a little smaller than the typical cheesecake. You can get 6-8 good-sized servings out of this recipe.
But if you haven’t yet jumped on the instant pot bandwagon, don’t fret. You can have cheesecake too! I’ll include my great, traditional Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake recipe for you as well.
Instant Pot Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- pinch salt
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
For the Swirl
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, warmed
- To make the crust, combine the crust ingredients and pat into the bottom of a greased 7-inch springform pan. (This is a smaller pan than average.) Freeze for 20 minutes while you mix together the cheesecake ingredients.
- For the cheesecake, mix together cream cheese, sugars, sour cream and flour. Add vanilla and salt. Add the eggs one at a time. Blend well but don't overmix. Pour half of the mixture into the crust.
- Dollop half of the strawberry preserves over the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour in the rest of the cheesecake mixture. Dollop the remaining strawberry preserves on top and swirl with a knife to make a pretty pattern.
- Place 1½ cups water in the bottom of your instant pot. Insert your instant pot trivet/rack. Place the springform pan on top of the trivet. Cook on manual for 35 minutes. Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. (Set a timer so you don't forget!) Remove the cheesecake from the instant pot. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake. Cool 1 more hour, and then chill for at least 4 hours. Remove sides of springform pan before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and additional strawberries, if desired.
Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 3 pkgs cream cheese (24 oz. total), softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
For the Swirl
- 1 cup strawberry preserves, warmed
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- For the crust, combine ingredients and press into a greased 10 inch (traditional size) springform pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Combine cheesecake ingredients, adding eggs last, one at a time. Pour half into the crust.
- Spoon half of the strawberry preserves over the filling. Top with remaining filling and remaining strawberry preserves. Swirl the top of the cake with a knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the center is almost set.
- Cool for 10 minutes, run a knife around the edges. Cool 1 hour. Chill for 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream, strawberries, and additional preserves, if desired.